Accurate Weighing in 3 Simple Steps
With Good Weighing Practice™ (GWP®)
Weighing is an essential part of your company’s value chain. Because it has a significant impact on the success of your business, your balances and scales need to be accurate and fit-for-purpose.
Are you sure your balance or scale is weighing accurately and is fit for its intended purpose? Do you know the simple way to achieve consistent quality, save costs and ensure compliance?
To help you answer ‘Yes’ to the questions above and support you in managing your entire weighing program, We developed the globally recognized standard Good Weighing Practice (GWP). Here is how it works in 3 simple steps:
Choose the Right Device
Select the balance or scale that meets your process requirements. Our free, easy-to-apply GWP® Recommendation service:
- Provides you with security before making a purchasing decision
- Documents that your new device meets your process requirements and is fit-for-purpose
- Recommends which test weights and services fit your needs
Professional installation and qualification of your balance and scale:
- Ensures optimal weighing performance
- Improves productivity with correct device set-up
- Provides users with training to operate the device correctly
- Includes audit-proof documentation
To ensure accuracy over time:
- Calibration assesses the performance of the weighing device by documenting the measurement uncertainty in use
- The GWP® Certificate proves that the device is fit-for-purpose
- GWP® Verification specifies a risk-based calibration and routine testing plan
About Good Weighing Practice
Good Weighing Practice (GWP) is a global standard that ensures consistent accuracy, quality and compliance in any weighing process. GWP is a standardized methodology for the secure selection, calibration and operation of weighing equipment. GWP’s risk-based approach ensures that all your balances and scales meet your own accuracy requirements and adhere to quality standards such as ISO, GMP and GLP. It is applicable to new or existing weighing equipment from any manufacturer in any industry or workplace.
Good Weighing Practice is part of Good Measuring Practices by CARLTON SCALE. It is a global program supporting you in quality assurance measures in laboratory and production environments.